|Goals & Objectives
- Improve school facilities, including classrooms, faculty and student lavatories, libraries, kitchens and water provisions at schools in Maseno in Nyanza Province and in Western Province.
Provide economic assistance by creating IGLA (Income Generating Learning Activities) projects at each school site. IGLAs are micro-industries that are selected by empowering the school community to choose an industry
(tailoring, for example) that they plan and execute on school property. These projects provide employment for the workers and the profits go directly to the school to benefit the orphaned children.
- Initiate programs and activities such as school lunch, medical care, and clothing needs which provide immediate attention to their well-being.
- Develop and nurture intercultural relationships between students, faculty, administration, families, and communities in the Kisumu area and communities in the USA including the Greater Rochester, NY area.
- Sponsor four-year scholarships for qualifying graduates of Joining Hearts and Handsí primary schools in Kenya for secondary education in national and provincial schools which may include local and boarding school programs.
- Provide support for and contribute to the professional development of the administration and faculty of rural Kenyan schools.
- Encourage and promote projects and initiatives which produce self-sustainable outcomes. Coordinate efforts with rural school and village community members to improve basic living conditions
(i.e. clean water supply, preventative medical support, dual-purpose goat project, irrigation project).
- Coordinate efforts with rural school and village community members to improve basic living conditions (eg. clean water supply, preventative medical support, dual-purpose goat project, irrigation project).